Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gimp

So, I'm officially a gimp. My lower back has been sore lately, but I've been trying to work through it, still exercising and doing all my regular activities. Until yesterday when I was in my step aerobics class doing some extra end-of-class conditioning when I totally tweaked my back. I spent the rest of the day hobbling around, icing my back, and trying to find a comfortable position for sitting or lying down.

Today I'm feeling pretty much the same, but my agenda for the day was to do laundry, clean the entire house before the carpet cleaners come this afternoon, and sew a purple vest for Spencer's Aladdin costume he needs for tomorrow. I'm working at a snail's pace, picking up items with my toes when possible and getting up and down slowly while cleaning bathrooms.

But amid all my woes, Trista did allow me a bright spot. I've been telling her I can't pick her up, she can't jump on my back, I can't help her very much, etc. for the past two days. So this morning she and I were sitting by each other eating our eggs and toast when she decided she didn't want to eat anymore. She was starting to get off her stool when I told her she had to finish eating before she got down. She immediately leaned over, put her hands on her lower back and said, "Oh, my back hurts. I just can't eat anymore." It worked. She's watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now while her eggs get cold and her toast dries out.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Aww I'm so sorry that you're in pain!! I hope you get better soon. As for Trista, wow she's good! :) haha

Carley said...

That is too funny! Hope your better for the weekend! Trista is one smart cookie!

Rebecca said...

Where would she get a saying like that?! That was a cute. Hopefully your back will feel better soon & really, did she need the extra protein today?