Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bad Mom

Quick confession. Tonight as the kids and I were driving home from swim lessons Alexis and Spencer were in the back seat hitting each other, teasing, tattling on each other, etc. I got very irritated, because I feel like every time we're in the car it's the same old thing, either between Alexis and Spencer or Dallin and Trista. I finally lost it and said and in a very loud voice (okay, I'll admit it, I was yelling, quite loudly), "SHUT UP AND KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!!!" I knew I shouldn't have said it. I don't allow the kids to say it. I have no excuse. But don't worry--I was very quickly put in my place when Trista said, "Mom, why did you say shut up? You're not supposed to say shut up." Alexis was more forgiving. I apologized and told the kids I shouldn't have said it, but Alexis assured me that it was okay, it was just because I was really mad and sometimes that happens. Looks like I could learn a few things from my kids about how to be a better mom:)
P.S. Memorial weekend and Spencer's Birthday pictures coming soon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes we are put in situations that there are only a few things that will get our kids attention---saying something that we shouldn't---will really make them be quiet and listen. That is what repentance is for, right?

Sabrina said...

Haha, we are all human. :) The things little kids can teach us.