Friday, June 13, 2008

Costa Rica Trip

Yes, I'm finally posting pictures of my trip to Costa Rica! Amy, Angie, and I had so much fun! We stayed for a few days in a hotel near the base of an active volcano. The hotel was great with nice pools, water slides, and hot tubs with natural water from nearby hot springs. During the day we got to zipline over the rainforest and also walk through part of it on trails and hanging bridges.

After that we went to the beach where we were a little bit disappointed by all the rain. We still hung out at the pool and had fun, we just didn't get as much sun as we had wanted. The highlight of my time there was when the bongo drum player from the Latin band came over during a break in their performance and told me that I was "muy bonita." However, he followed this up by saying I was too "grande" for him. He must like "big" women though, because he continued to stare at me and smile for the rest of his performance that night and during lunch the next day. It was kind of flattering, but mostly uncomfortable. Those Latin boys are very forward!

We also spent some time with the Irlenborn family and went to another beach. Angie was great to drive us around everywhere and be our tour guide and translator as well. Overall it was an awsome trip. I can't wait to go again next spring!

No comments: