Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to School!...kind of

After a fun (but somewhat long) summer, school began again last Monday! I couldn't wait--I was worse than the kids! I could finally get back into a routine, back to the gym regularly, even have peace and quite during naptime at home! But, oh, no--that was not to be. On Monday both Trista and Dallin managed to throw up all over the van on the way home from the gym. It seems there was a "bug" going around, and lucky us, we got it! After scouring the van Monday I decided I wasn't willing to risk it Tuesday and we stayed home. On Wednesday, about 15 minutes after I had dropped the kids off at school I got a phone call from the school nurse. Spencer's eye was a little red and, sure enough, he had pink eye. So he was home for the day getting drops in his eye every four hours. It turns out I got pink eye as well and have had the pleasure of wearing my glasses for five days now while looking at everything through a red, crusty eye. But Spencer was back to school Thursday and I thought, okay, now I'm going to get things done. So I went visiting teaching that morning, only to get a phone call during the first visit, once again from the school nurse. Alexis had a stomache ache and felt like she was going to throw up. Just as I got to the school and walked her from the lunch room to her classroom for her backpack, she made a beeline for the bathroom where she had a turn at throwing up. I guess the bright side is that it wasn't all over my van or my carpet:) So Alexis was home Thursday and Friday (although Friday I think she was just playing hookey). The weekend went well, though, and everyone felt fine. So Monday morning I dropped the kids off at school and headed to the gym for a round of TurbKick (kickboxing). As I left the gym my cell phone rang. It was none other than the school nurse (we're getting to be quite good friends by now). Apparently Spencer was sick and threw up all over in his classroom. Surely by now the entire staff at Bellview Elementary thinks I'm a terrible mom who has chronically sick children but sends them to school anyway.

However, today was a good day--no calls from the school nurse, and we even had a playdate with Dallin's friend David at Chick-fil-A. I'm attaching one more picture. This one is of Trista before church a few Sundays ago. Isn't she cute with her little Cupie Doll hair? I wonder if she'll ever have enough hair for a real "do."






4 comments:

Carley said...

To others, your story is funny, but I feel for ya. Hopefully Trista will get some hair soon, boy she's gotten so big!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Alexis looks so grown up for school. Hopefully the kids will feel well again soon.

Gomez said...

Ok I know I wrote a comment...did I delete it or was is not funny and you deleted it...haha

That is the craziest week....holy crap....and as I said before, please don't send it my way.

Love ya