Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer Vacation




This summer we once again went to San Jose, CA to visit Grandma and Grandpa Post and see some cousins as well. The trip was great once we got past the long plane ride during which Trista pooped all over me. Luckily it happened at the end of the flight and we were soon on to better times.

We got to do a lot of fun stuff in California including lots of swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool, an Oakland A's baseball game, trips to Gilroy Gardens, the Wharf in Monterey, and the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, shopping at the Great Mall and Ross (Vicky and Aunt Adrian's favorite part) and toys and games with the family. Believe it or not, I'm so horrible at actually taking pictures that I only took 9 pictures during the whole trip. Maybe this blog will motivate me to become more of a photographer. These are a few pictures I took while we were at the Wharf in Monterey where we got to enjoy clam chowder soup bowls, carmel apples and huge lollipops. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for all the hugs, treats, and fun times!

On the way home we had a layover in Denver. We had to get up at about 6:00 that morning and were all kind of tired and crabby. We were sitting there waiting for the next airplane, being shushed by a sleep-deprived Daddy, when Dallin very innocently asked, "Daddy, are ya happy?" "Yes, I'm happy," answered Daddy, in a not-so-happy voice. A moment later Dallin piped up again. "Are ya happy, Daddy?" This made us all giggle, and Daddy answered in a more pleasant tone this time. By the third time--"Daddy, are you really happy?" we were all laughing and feeling happy. It's amazing how an innocent little question from a three-year-old can put things back in perspective. We're so thankful for these little spirits and the reminders of what life is really about!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want to stand with Spencer by that nice blue water! Can I come next time? I'll be a good girl :)

Carley said...

Sounds like a good vacation. I'm glad you had a good time, but next time you need to come see the Atlantic Ocean and visit me!

Gomez said...

That water so soooo blue.....I am seriously jealous. It sounds like some good times.