Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spinach Shakes

A few weeks ago I was talking to a few of my health-conscious friends and they told me that they had begun making spinach shakes for their families. Apparently when spinach is blended up really well and you add yummy stuff like berries and bananas you can't even taste the the spinach! So I decided to try it, and here are the results:

Trista and the other kids really liked it and drank all that I gave them!

Jordan didn't like it quite as much (of course, this could be because I also added protein powder to his--this must have just put it over the top!).

The verdict: it is a good way to get your kids to eat spinach, especially if they love all types of drinks as much as mine do; husbands may be a harder sell!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

The picture of Jordan makes me laugh. It is so funny! The shakes sound interesting. It reminds me of the recipe book that Jerry Seinfeld's wife made.

Desaray said...

So can I get that recipe? I love drinks and I love spinach. :o) Thanks.

Jessica said...

Vicky - I add tofu instead of protein powder. It probably doesn't add as much protein, but it doesn't change the taste at all. My husband was a hard sell on this too. He said it tasted fine, but he had no desire to drink his spinach.