Thursday, July 24, 2008

A (Busy) Day in the Life

We had a busy day today, but somehow I found a little time to take a few pictures. We began the day with trips to the dentist for Alexis and Spencer. In between, while at home I noticed Trista preparing to dirty her diaper. I quickly got her attention and, as I have several times recently, rushed her to the bathroom to try going poo-poo on the big-girl potty. She's alway happy to try--or should I say happy to sit on the potty and smile. She'll sit there with a fake smile glued to her face for about 30 seconds, at which point she throws her hands in the air, yells "Yaahhhh!" and attempts to jump off the toilet and flush it. I really believe she has no idea that she's actually supposed to DO something while on the toilet besides look pretty. Lets hope this changes soon!

She'll love this picture when she's 18!
Shortly after the potty incident I was walking through the house and saw this.

I remembered seeing something similar in another area of the house yesterday.

I guess I need to start putting my shoes away since obviously Trista is very interested in doing exactly what Mommy does. I'll have to be a better example!
Later on after lunch, Aunt Carley and Nate came over so we could watch Nate while Carley had a job interview. Trista was napping (lucky for "Nae Nae" since she sometimes likes to maul him) and Alexis was gone to a movie with her cousins, but the boys were very helpful with him. Dallin tried to entertain him by having Nate watch Thomas the Train with him, and Spencer even fed him his bottle. As soon as Alexis got home she wisked little Nate off to the babysitting room (most commonly know as her bedroom, which incidently she wanted to remodel as a childcare center today) where she took care of him until Aunt Carley got back.

Angie and I then began making cookies so we would have an easy dessert for everyone (17 of us total) after church on Sunday. After Angie left Trista was helping me bake the last of the cookies while preparing dinner for the missionaries simultaneously. I went out to the garage for a moment to get something from the freezer, and I returned to this.

I had told her she couldn't have any more cookies since dinnertime was getting close, but apparently she saw her opportunity while I was gone and just couldn't resist. For a moment she tried to hide the evidence by covering her mouth. But when I asked her what she was eating she quite easily confessed.



Amid all of these activities I have been working all day (in two-minute increments) on a talk I am giving in church this Sunday. I just finished it, and since now I've finished this too, I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I take it Trista never did "go" in the potty yesterday? Good luck on your talk Sunday, I'm sure you'll do great. Sounds like your week has been busy...sometimes that's better than bored ;)

Nicole said...

So clikcing from one blog to another has led me to find yours! I can't believe Trista is 2 years old. Looks like you're getting another one with curly hair!

We need to get together again sometime. Glad to run into you at the gym sometimes. :)