Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Catching Up!

It's been so long since my last blog I guess I have some catching up to do! February was a busy month for us. It started out quite normal, but then got crazy just in time for Valentine's Day. Jordan's Grandpa Nielsen passed away on the 10th, and Jordan was asked to give the eulogy at his funeral. So he flew out to California on the 13th (Wed.) and was able to spend the weekend through Sunday with his family there. I heard he did a wonderful job with the eulogy and actually learned a lot about his grandfather in the process. I was really happy for him that he could go and have that bonding time with his family.

Meanwhile, we had invited a few kids from church and school over for a Valentine's party on the 13th. We didn't invite a ton of kids, 7 total, so I thought it would be pretty easy and low-key and planned to do the party by myself. Luckily one of the other mom's ended up staying, 'cause boy did I underestimate the challenges of throwing a party for 11 kids age 8 and under! We played some relay and other games with balloons and decorated Valentine cookies. The kids had a blast!


A few days after Jordan got back, his parents came to visit for few days. We always love it when they come, and the kids adore spending lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa Post. However, their mother was a slacker and didn't take any pictures, so she'll have to make up for it with lots of pictures when we visit G&G in California this summer.

With February already over, Jordan and I made a plan to go to the temple on Saturday. We are in the Oklahoma City temple district, so it takes us a full 3 1/2 hours to get to the temple (not to mention about $8 in tolls) That's just one way, so we usually make a whole day of it. We left our house at 6:00am, drove straight to the temple, and finished at the temple at about 12:30pm. Then we went to eat at Macaroni Grill (one of favorite places) and stopped at a mall on the way home as well. When we got back into town we went straight to Stake Conference where we heard some great messages about marriage and family, and we finally got home at around 9:30pm. Although we did a lot of sitting, Jordan and I had a great time, and I really enjoyed spending the entire day with my husband. It's rare that we have that much time together, without interruptions from children, and that time helps me remember what a fun, intelligent, entertaining, and loveable husband I have.

Alright, so now it's March, and my much-anticipated trip to St. George is only 12 days away! I'm meeting my college friend, Shana, there and we have lots of fun stuff planned. We're going to take a few tennis classes, go to the spa, shop, eat yummy food, watch chic-flicks, sit in the hot tub, and just relax (if there's any time left for that)! Because I'm flying out of a rather small airport into another small airport I have several layovers making for about a day of travel each way, so I'm needing some suggestions on books to take along with me. What have you been reading lately? I'm also open to suggestions on movies that Shana and I should rent while we're there. The only one on my list so far is Casablanca--let me know what you recommend!

Bonus picture


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute pigtails!

Carley said...

Enjoy your trip. When do you go? I liked the movie the Nannie Diaries.

Megan said...

Vicky, if you haven't gotten in on the magic, Twilight is an amazing book, I also love StarGirl by Jerry Spinelli and The Giver by Lois Lowry. There is also a new book I'm dying to read abotu a lasy that goes to Afghanistan for Beauty School, the title has something to do with that. It sounds/looks amazing! have fun on your trip!