Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bike Wreck

Yesterday Dallin tried to take on the hot pavement with his face. I think it's clear who won.

His face actually looks much better today than it did yesterday. The kids were all out riding bikes, including my nephew Braden who is staying with us this week. Apparently Dallin was riding alongside Braden, going pretty fast, when he looked back to see who was behind him. He swerved into Braden's bike and consequently, bit the dust. The amazing thing is he doesn't have a scratch on any other part of his body, just his poor face.

As he was crying all he kept saying was, "I shouldn't have turned around. I shouldn't have been riding so fast. I shouldn't have been so close to Braden's bike." I kept assuring him that everyone gets in a bike wreck sometime when they're little, but he was so sure that he did something very wrong.

Dallin's leaving on an airplane to California today to begin summer vacation. We're supposed to have family pictures while we're all at Grandma and Grandpa Post's. I hope his face heals quickly!

2 comments:

Carley said...

Poor guy, he looks terrible.

Rebecca said...

Oh man! I sure hope his face heals soon! And I hope he doesn't scare anyone on the plane! (It's a little funny & I'm sure Carley can sympathize!) Love you guys!