Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas

We enjoyed a really fabulous Christmas season! I thought I'd share some pictures of all the festivities!
Our home teacher (actually his wife) made us this huge sugar cookie gingerbread man. It was sooooo yummy (I absolutely LOVE sugar cookies)!!! They brought it after the kids were in bed and I couldn't resist eating some of it immediately. Jordan was afraid that at the rate I was going the kids wouldn't even get to see it, so he took this picture just after I ate the first arm. The kids did get to see it the next morning, but between the beginning and end of school that day I managed to eat the rest of him from the neck down. I'm not kidding. I can't believe how little self-control I have. I even put the whole cookie sheet in the oven to "hide" it so I wouldn't see it everytime I walked through the kitchen, but as it turns out, it's not that hard to open the oven door and break off another piece. Thanks Ashley--it's your fault I've had to hit the gym so hard this week!

Angie and her crew got here on Friday before Christmas and stayed with us until Tuesday. Isabella, Alexis, and Kaylee "hanging out."

Before we went up to my parents' for Christmas we opened gifts over the phone with Grandma and Grandpa Post. Thanks for the books and the $$$!

Dallin (with his new book from G&G) and Trista.

We travelled to my parents' house Christmas Eve day to spend a few days eating, playing, and celebrating Christmas.

Becca with Jacob dressed as a shepherd for their family's part in the Christmas Eve Program.

Alexis, Kaylee and Bella doing their song and dance for the program.

Alexis wrote a Christmas story that included everyone at the house as one of the characters.

Trista, Grandpa Smith (who had dermatitis on his nose just in time to look like Rudolph for the Christmas season!), and Grandma Smith.

All of the grandkids gathered in front of the tree for a picture.

Dallin(4), Spencer(6), Jacob(2), Kaylee(9), Isabella(6), Alexis(8), Trista(2), Braden(11), Zoey(2), Nate(1), and Austin(12)

All the kids on the stairs at 6:00 Christmas morning, waiting to be told they could come up and see what Santa brought them.

Everyone looking at their new stuff!

Zoey and Trista each got a new stroller to push thier babies around in.

Trista

Dallin, Jordan and Vicky

Angie and Dustin

Carley, Chuck and Nate

Mom making cranberry salad for Christmas dinner.

Jordan (pronounced JERDEN, very loudly, in a low scratchy voice) and Jacob

Trista and Aunt Becca

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those are some great pictures! Jacob especially liked the one of him and Jordan. He also loved seeing Dallin. I may have to steal some of these from your computer when we move back in July so I can print them for Jacob's photo album.

Rebecca said...

BTW do you have something against Brad? He's not in ANY of your pictures and he's feeling a little left out (hehe).

Post Family said...

I realized their were none of Brad, but I don't know what my aversion to him was. We do love you, Brad--I'll take double of you next time.

Gomez said...

Hey Vicki!!! I know I am so lame and it has been way to long since I looked at anyones blogs......just been stupidly busy.

I loved looking at yours and catching up. It was great seeing all the family.....looks like you had a great Christmas.

Whats new??? Are you on face book?

Gomez said...

Hey Vicki!!! I know I am so lame and it has been way to long since I looked at anyones blogs......just been stupidly busy.

I loved looking at yours and catching up. It was great seeing all the family.....looks like you had a great Christmas.

Whats new??? Are you on face book?

Carley said...

Very cute pictures. I am glad that you find time to blog, I never do anymore.

Ingrid said...

You are such a fun Mom! Hop on over for a visit! We need a Post/Roberts Reunion!