Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stinky Sunday

Sunday at our house was interesting. Late in the afternoon Alexis came sprinting out of her room yelling at the top of her lungs. Apparently Spencer (AKA Sneaky Stinky One), had been down the street playing and found a small spray bottle of Liquid Bum (I've cleaned up the name to avoid using a swear word on a family website). It literally smells like a very stinky bum, basically like poo. So what would any six-year-old boy who found such a treasure decide to do with it? He very quietly went to Alexis' room and proceeded to spray down her entire closet with it. Seriously, when I walked into her room the smell was quite overwhelming. I literally gagged when I was putting the clothes in the washer. A couple loads of laundry, two wide-open windows, and half a bottle of Odo-Ban later her room was once more liveable. I hucked the rest of the bottle of stink over the back fence into the field to get rid of it (I definately didn't want it stinking up my garbage can!). Jordan and I were furious with Spencer--luckily Jordan took care of the dicipline. However, shortly after the incident I began to see the funny side of it--not that I'll let Spencer know for quite some time. But think about it--if you were a mischevious six-year-old boy with a slightly overbearing, often bossy older sister and you found a bottle of Liquid Bum, what would you do with it? Alexis' stuff didn't stand a chance!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad it was your house and not mine. That is a little funny though.

Irlenborn family said...

I laughed so hard I cried! Glad I wasn't there to witness that!

Gomez said...

I think i wet my pants I was laughing so hard. That is seriously so funny.....only because it was your kids and not mine.

Janet said...

Please do not ever tell Michael about that stuff. He would everything in the house hosed down with it!!! Too funny. I hope Jordan sees some humor in it now as well!!

Desaray said...

Lol, oh my word, I can't believe they even make something like that...that is disgusting--but you're absolutely right, there is quite a bit of humor as well...oops.

Jessica said...

Found your blog linked to Jen Young's. Hope you don't mind my snooping, but that is hilarious! I didn't even know they made such a thing.

Ingrid said...

This is TOO funny! We love your posts and we love the Posts too! :)

Carley said...

What a riot! Spencer is too smart for his own good. Alexis better watch out in the future! Too funny!